DUBLIN, April 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Medical Tourism 2022 and Beyond” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The latest updated Global Medical Tourism Report examines how medical tourism will change in 2022 and beyond.
- Medical tourism in 2022 and beyond will not be a reboot of what it was in 2019 and earlier as previous trends will not return. This report examines the potential and the future in the context of how some countries are improving health care.
- Medical tourism is often described as traveling from one country to another, but traveling within a country is often overlooked.
- And if you include teleconsultation and telemedicine, does medical tourism even have to involve travel?
- Some countries have taken stock and are looking to increase inbound medical tourism while others are moving from an increase in the number of medical tourists to an increase in income. Others have decided that wellness tourism is much more lucrative than medical tourism.
- Outbound medical tourism costs some countries millions of dollars in exchange revenue, but generates revenue for others. China wants medical tourists to stay at Greater China rather than going elsewhere. The myth that Asian medical tourism destinations can target clients from United States and Western Europe is completely broken. The reality is that medical tourists come from Asia, Eastern Europe and the Pacific.
- Several existing and new countries are stepping up their national and local medical tourism campaigns targeting local and foreign medical tourists.
- The amount of money spent by some countries to promote tourism and medical tourism is staggering as they all compete for a market which will be much smaller in size than in 2019.
- Some target specific countries and/or specific categories of medical tourism, often moving away from global goals towards more local/regional goals.
- Customers will be wary of traveling far. They will look for places they consider safe.
- Countries are moving away from the digital approach to tourism. Instead, they want higher expenses. This approach will affect medical tourism.
- Some countries will make the choice that their future is linked to responsible and ecological tourism. They will therefore stop promoting medical tourism.
- Who goes from where to where and why could change quickly in 2022.
- Medical tourism is not dead, dying or thriving. It is changing, so companies and countries that do not change with it will lose market share or go bankrupt.
- The growth of the medical tourism market will be accelerated by the expansion of inbound medical travel.
- Telemedicine, telehealth, and other technologies allow patients to book appointments, see doctors, and receive quality care anywhere in the world.
- 2020 and 2021 have been dramatic times for medical tourism, so it is vital for those looking to stay or enter the market to understand how it is changing from 2022.
Who is the report for?
- Professionals working in global health markets
- Internationally operating hospital and clinic groups
- International Patient Departments
- Travel and Medical Travel Agents
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Investors and Private Equity
- International insurers
- National and local government decision makers
- Travel and tourism organizations
- Destination Management Organizations
- Political advisers
- Focus groups
- Management Consultants
Main topics covered:
MEDICAL TOURISM IN 2022
MEDICAL TOURISM IN 2023 AND BEYOND
DIASPORIC MEDICAL TOURISM
HIGH-VALUE STATE-PAID PATIENTS
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2022
- Abu Dhabi
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- The new Czech tourism marketing strategy for 2022 promotes Dominican Republic
- hong kong
- Ivory Coast
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
WHAT’S PLANNED FOR 2023 AND BEYOND
- Cayman Islands
- South Africa
WHAT’S NEW FROM MAJOR ACCREDITORS
- American International Accreditation Commission
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Services
- Commission on Healthcare Accreditation
- Global Healthcare Accreditation
- International Society for Quality in Health Care
- International Joint Commission
- Temos International
REGIONAL OVERVIEW- AFRICA
REGIONAL OVERVIEW – AMERICAS
REGIONAL OVERVIEW- ASIA PACIFIC
REGIONAL OVERVIEW- CARIBBEAN
REGIONAL OVERVIEW- EUROPE
REGIONAL OVERVIEW – GULF AND MIDDLE EAST
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL TOURISM FIGURES
- World figures on medical tourism
- International patients
- Why Migration Changes the Numbers
- Global medical tourism figures by country
- Main reasons for overestimates-
- The country of global medical tourism figures illusions
TOP 50 MEDICAL TOURISM DESTINATIONS 2019
INCOMING MEDICAL TOURISM 2020
INCOMING MEDICAL TOURISM 2021
TOP 50 SOURCES OF MEDICAL TOURISM 2019
REVENUE FROM MEDICAL TOURISM TOP 25 DESTINATIONS
MEDICAL TOURISM REVENUE DESTINATIONS 2020
MEDICAL TOURISM REVENUE DESTINATIONS 2021
- Hair transplant surgery
- The motivations of the wellness trip
REGIONAL MEDICAL TOURISM
DOMESTIC MEDICAL TOURISM
- Future of medical tourism
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/63z3yj
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets